Body Shop Technician 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
Martera Inc., a subsidiary of PITT OHIO, a high service transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Body Shop Technician at our Harmar, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportaion industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com
* Perform body repair & replacement of body components
* Prepare surfaces for painting
* Apply paint using proper tools
* Maintain quality control of work
* Data entry of required information into repair database
* Control and monitor inventory levels for body shop
* Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
* Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
* Must possess at least 2 years experience or equivalent education in painting and body repair
* Must possess knowledge of tools, maintenance, practices and procedures necessary to prepare and paint automobile and other surfaces
* Must possess knowledge of standard safety rules and regulations or products and chemicals in the industry
* Must have dexterity
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills are essential
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must pass DOT physical and drug test
* Must be able to spend 75% of day standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching
* Must have color vision and depth perception
* Overtime may be necessary during peak periods
* Subject to both internal and external environmental conditions: activities occur inside and outside. Outside work may be in extreme weather conditions
* Subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases
MARTERA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.