Brand Manager: Horsham, PA Office 9/18/2017
Bimbo Bakeries USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Brand Manager: Horsham, PA Office
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
We are seeking an experienced CPG Brand Manager who is passionate about driving brand growth, uncovering consumer insights and delivering innovative marketing promotions and products to expand a major strategic Bimbo Bakeries USA and Grupo Bimbo Global Brand Entenmann s Little Bites. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment developing strategies to drive sales and market share of Entenmann s Little Bites through a multitude of marketing strategies including distribution, promotion, consumer insights, PR, innovation, advertising and social media.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the Senior Brand Manager and Director across daily brand activities.
* Execute development of brand portfolio strategy for Little Bites in close coordination with Senior Brand Manager, Marketing Director, Business Units and Key Customer Teams.
* Analysis and Insights of weekly topline reporting including sales vs. forecast, profit returns, share, new products and competitive monitoring.
* Create a monthly calendar of trade deals being planned for the Top 10 Little Bites accounts.
* Cross functional team member (along with manufacturing and R&D) to generate a pipeline of short and long term new products.
* Team member of bi-weekly steering calls including Key Account, Bakery and Business Unit calls. Issue next steps/action plans accordingly.
* Lead Superior Quality Always In Market Testing
* Co-lead consumer research and consumer validation process, along with next steps and implementation plans. Initiate survey monkey and new product panels.
* Coordinate and record results for monthly product scorings across bakeries, as well as against key competitors.
* Team member of multiple strategic cross-functional teams including Sales, R & D, Manufacturing, Packaging, Finance, Purchasing, and Multiple 3rd party agencies/vendors (Advertising, Consumer Promotions, PR, Entertainment). Issue meeting recaps.
* Collaborate with brand team to develop business building marketing activities such as, but not limited to, advertising and promotions.
* Agency / Sales lead for Entenmann s Annual Planning Meeting.
* Invoice coding and monthly budget update in accordance with Finance.
* Weekly social media, advertising consumer response and website sweep of competitors.
* Sales presentations, sell sheets and field communication development.
* Willingness to travel, approx. 30% including monthly visits to Islandia, NY and sales market tours.
KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
* Accessible and Responsible
* Ability to develop and complete a series of goals and tactics, with minimum supervision
* Sharp operator, creative and resourceful
* Organized work style Master at Multi-Task
* Strong at managing priorities and deadlines
* Open to learning/developing new processes
* Aspiring a long term career in marketing overachiever
* Social media savvy
* Bachelor s Degree in Marketing or a related field. MS or MBA preferred.
* 3-5 plus years of experience, CPG preferred.
* Excellent organizational and strong analytical skills with the ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources.
* Working knowledge of marketing plan development and execution.
* Expert in Microsoft Office (and margin minder if internal)
* Fluid in IRI Consumption database
* Examples of prior brand strategy work will be requested, along with references
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.