This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible for assisting brokers who provide real estate transaction services on behalf of local, regional and national client(s), including tenant representation and landlord representation, market optimization planning, site identification and selection, LOI and lease negotiation and renewal services.
* Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the leasing process on behalf of client(s)
* Manage and further develop relationships with client(s)
* Ensure projects are completed on time by directing and communicating with clients, brokers, contractors, vendors and other stakeholders
* Develop and track critical dates and project deadlines, maintain and update transition checklists for various projects
* Ensure quality control on transaction, market and demographic information and prepare data for use in presentations and meetings
* Process lease extensions, terminations, subleases, and dispositions
* Conduct market surveys for all clients, primarily using CoStar, local market knowledge and research team s assistance
* Provide local account assistance for all of clients, including but not limited to showings, tours, surveys, market research and direct communication
* Create Broker Opinions of Value for all property types for review/approval of broker
* Implement planning and workload allocation, etc. for the project management group
* Improve upon current processes, tools and materials by demonstrating initiative and reflecting a sense of urgency in daily duties
* Perform administrative assistance & backup
* Bachelor's degree
* 1+ year of relevant work experience or any similar combination of education and experience
* Must possess or be willing to obtain applicable real estate licenses
* Knowledgeable of computer software tools and database programs
* Strong financing, budgeting and proforma modeling skills (ProCalc)
* Basic understanding of lease terms, the reconciliation process for Common Area Maintenance, insurance and real estate taxes
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
* Perform tasks with minimal supervision
* Detail and process oriented
* Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
* May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
* Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
* Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..