Budget Analyst 10/12/2017
The University of Chicago
Campus - Hyde Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Budget Analyst:
Conduct budget and planning analysis and studies; assist in the preparation of financial materials, reports, and summaries; work closely with programming staff to design and implement computer systems, with responsibilities including:
-Serve as the primary Budget Office liaison to financial administrators in several University units as assigned
- Assist in the development of operating budget targets for major budgetary units and review submitted budgets for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures.
- During the year, monitor and report on variances between the approved budget and actual performance.
- Examine past budgets and research economic and financial developments that affect revenue and expenses.
- Recommend programmatic adjustments or cost containments to avoid or alleviate deficits.
- Through careful examination and discussion with University budget managers, gain a nuanced understanding of the budgetary units assigned.
- Have a strong understanding of the overall University budget and how it operates.
- Work with information technology staff to refine budget development and reporting tools.
Provide analytical support on special projects as assigned. Examples of recent projects include:
- Working with leaders in the CFO Office and Provost Office to collect and analyze data related to a major administrative process review.
- Conducting an analysis of the financial performance and operations of a University affiliate to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Working with the Registrar's Office and Provost's Office to better understand classroom use and availability, identify pain points, and devise solutions to address these issues.
- Creating pro forma financial reports for a potential new program and advising on financial considerations.
- Provide support for preparing and reviewing documents for the Financial Planning Committee of the Board of Trustees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.