Build & Release Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale.
Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler Firmwide-Data Platform team is looking for a Build Engineer (DevOps Engineer) to play a key role in our release process by improving the current build, deployment, and release infrastructure. We are looking for a trusted resource who can create solutions, advocate release standards, and enforce quality build processes for successful code deployments. We need a highly motivated team player who can work cross-functionally with our Global Development, QA and Operations Teams to successfully push software (application releases) from development/test/stage to production environments. You will use your experience to increase productivity as well as research, design and implement solutions that make our development process state of the art. Our ideal candidate must thrive in demanding environments while remaining pragmatic and results focused. This position requires techno-functional skills since the responsibility also includes handling release management for each of the builds being deployed. Over the time this position will turn into a full-stack DevOps Engineer.
What You Will Do
* Work with cross-functional teams to handle release management process
* Support and improve our tools/process for continuous build, automated testing, and release management
* Work closely with Development, Quality Engineering and Operations teams to identify, prioritize, and drive issues to resolution quickly
* Improve the effectiveness of our build and release cycle through the development, tracking, and reporting of metrics
* Own, manage, and improve our release process with a focus on scale and efficiency
* Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes
* Automate repeatable tasks with scripting languages such as PowerShell/Bash/Ruby/Python
* 4+ years experience with software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
* 2+ years experience in release management
* Strong understanding of source code version control systems (GitHub experience highly desired)
* Expertise with a variety of build, release, and management packages (SBT, Gradle and Maven)
* Expertise with build automation tools such as Jenkins
* Experience building Java/.NET applications
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows and some Mac experience
* Scripting ability with one or more languages (PowerShell and python are must, ruby, bash, Perl, etc. will be a huge plus)
* Experience with infrastructure automation/configuration management tools (Docker, Ansible and Puppet)
* Working knowledge of SQL Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, MySQL, Postgres databases a plus
* Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back Email Apply Now