This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
Thousand Oaks, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
Building Operator is responsible for building systems installs, repairs and maintenance, assisting with overseeing sub-contractors, in a research and development environment, minimizing downtime. This position will work as a member of a multi-craft team supporting other crafts/trades. Contributes recommendations and where applicable, implementation of work method improvements, safety, materials and tools. Assists the FM in the formulation and implementation of the preventive maintenance program including scheduling of preventive maintenance with minimum disruption of building services
* Building Operator will be performing initial triaging and first responders for all Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing issues within their module.
* Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating / cooling, water and drainage systems cooling, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
* Studies building plans and working drawings to determine required work aids, sequence of installation and materials needed.
* Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installations. Cuts, threads, glues, solders piping systems.
* Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and piping, hanger systems composed of metals steel, brass, and non-metals such as plastics. Joins piping systems.
* Ensures that safety regulations are followed at all times by all personnel.
* Fills piping system with water/air verifies pressure gages/readings. Installs / repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, water heaters, hot water tanks, water softeners, boilers, air conditioning units, pumps and ventilation fans.
* Install / maintain domestic hot/cold water systems, compressed air, chilled water systems, condensers, steam, natural gas and water systems, condensers, natural gas, venting, and conveyance of matter as required.
* Repairs / maintains plumbing, such as replacing leaky faucets, mending burst piping, opening clogged drains.
* Responds to a variety of emergency situations. Maintains stock/inventory and piping, opening clogged drains in clean/neat/organized fashion.
* Supports Fire Systems disabling and enabling.
* The individual is responsible for building safety, including Safety Permits for Lock Out / Tag Out (LOTO), Hot Work and other permits as may be required.
* Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities including all building systems.
* Responsible for implementing emergency procedures for the engineering team.
* Responsible for government regulatory compliance, EPA/OSHA compliance, safety program, CFC handling, and other similar programs.
* Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building s
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Valid journeyman plumber card or proof of equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience as a plumber in a commercial or industrial atmosphere not strictly residential.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Possession of valid State of Driver s License
* Candidate should have Backflow Prevention Certification or be willing/able to attain within 1 year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Knowledge/ operation of computers/ Windows based software systems will be required.
* This position is day shift, Monday through Friday; however, the candidate may be required to work off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and respond to emergencies 24 hours/day.
* Candidate shall have demonstrated effective communication skills.
* Ability to add, subtract, divide and calculate percentages.
* Working knowledge of and ability to apply Universal Building Code rules and regulations.
* Ability to safely climb ladders, work off ladders/scaffolds/lifts, work in confined spaces and heights (ie., roofs), lift and carry 50 lbs.
* Must be able to assist in scheduling, estimating and coordinating work.
* Ability to sit and stand for long periods, walk long distances, work in hot, cold, humid and noisy environments, enclosed spaces, roofs and other outside locations.
* Exercise supervisory responsibility for a diverse group of craftsmen, and interact with clients, outside vendors and local and state regulatory agencies.
* Be available for overtime and on-call for site emergencies outside of normal business hours and during holidays/weekends.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects