This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCDPHP is a healthcare leader in the Capital Region, with participating providers in 24 counties in upstate New York. As a company, CDPHP emphasizes the member experience as well as employee engagement. With over 1,000 employees at our corporate headquarters in Albany, we are still managed by a board of physicians, and maintain a strong emphasis on patient care. We value integrity, diversity, and innovation, and a corporate culture that supports those values. At CDPHP, employees have the opportunity to make an impact both at the company and community levels. We strive to provide knowledge and display excellent in all that we do, and are looking for motivated individuals who want to be a part of that experience.
The Business Analyst is a key member of the CDPHP team whose main focus is to define and design requirements for key initiatives that support stated business objectives. This position will work closely with business units and technical system teams to ensure that business rules, requirements and decisions for new initiatives are identified, analyzed, documented, and integrated smoothly into business systems and processes ready for production.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* Minimum number years of relevant experience: 4 YEARS
* Proficiency in business analysis practices including business analysis planning, estimation, cost/benefit or ROI analysis, stakeholder analysis, primary research (e.g. regulation or contract analysis), business rule discovery, business analysis, business process discovery and modeling, business decision discovery and modeling, UML modeling, requirement traceability to implemented functionality (forward) and requirement context (backward), attainment of approval, iterative requirement development is required.
* Proficiency in business requirement development and documentation, including most if not all of the following: executive summary, stakeholder roles, requirement scope, constraints and assumptions, business rules, business process models using BPMN, business decision models using BDMN, UML diagrams, other diagrams including Context and Flowchart, business requirements (functional, non-functional and transitional), requirement versioning and prioritization, and use case diagrams and specifications is required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitation and presentation skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executive and senior management, operational management, support staff, external parties including partners and regulatory agencies is required.
* Strong analytical skills and strong general understanding of how Information Systems a) are developed (SDLC, PDLC) and b) deliver business value is required.
* Prior knowledge/experience of Agile methodologies in strongly preferred.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, Project and Outlook is required.
* Extensive knowledge of healthcare industry facts and trends, particularly from the perspective of the payer or insurer, leading to ability to effectively comprehend and articulate business needs, and also to advise business and IT units of opportunities and constraints is strongly preferred.
* Ability to work in fast paced work environment is essential.
* Experience with requirements management system (RMS) is preferred.
* CBAP or CCBA certification from IIBA is preferred.
* Successful candidate will be required to provide examples of writing/analysis skills.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.