This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/30/2017
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Business Analyst to drive the business by leading and managing the design, development and deployment of business systems to meet Group Division goals and objectives. This position will focus on digital delivery systems including customer portals, ecommerce sites and web applications.
Essential Job Functions
The incumbent will focus on one of more processes and systems within a given functional area (distribution, administration, claims or managed care). The incumbent analyzes, recommends and implements business systems in support of the goals and business objectives of the Group Division, including partnering and acquisition initiatives. The incumbent is also responsible for project leadership and management on such initiatives. Further, the incumbent will lead or support the prioritization process for business systems projects. The incumbent works closely with many functions within the Group Division. The incumbent also performs a liaison role between the Group Division and IT associates and processes. Specifically, the essential functions of this position include:
Business Systems Development Expert
* Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) of 1 or more functional systems within a channel demonstrating enhanced knowledge of all aspects of a given functional system
* Deliver business systems on time, as promised.
* Management and reporting from production systems and data stores.
* Develop business process and systems knowledge in other areas of Group as directed.
Key Stakeholder Support
* Proactive role.
* Support ALIC production planning through business systems delivery and development.
* Support Business Development partnering activities, including participation on due diligence efforts that precede partnering arrangements.
* Other key stakeholders include Group Division senior management and IT.
* Delivering monthly reporting to management created from database solutions supported
* Account Administration
* Work closely with stakeholders and IT to ensure the quality assurance testing and sign-off process for business systems prior to delivery and deployment.
* Provide support to stakeholders, including sales, national accounts, claims, administration, and actuarial lines of business for current business processes.
* Responsible for managing functional system and technology projects relating to Group Division initiatives.
* Manage the development process with IT partners (internal and 3rd party), including requirements definition, business process design, and business systems design.
* Identification and development of relevant associate training content.
* From time to time, may be required to deliver associate training content on business systems and processes.
* The incumbent must have a four-year degree or equivalent work experience, plus 3-5 years' experience showing increasing responsibility in a business/systems environment.
* Incumbent must have experience with analyzing systems, writing business requirements, testing, and deploying for mid to large size initiatives. It is preferred the experience is with digital delivery systems including customer portals, ecommerce sites, and web applications.
* A technical degree or related certification is a plus. Insurance knowledge is desirable.
* The incumbent must be able to work in a team environment.
* Good oral and written communications skills are a must.
* Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies desired.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected? Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law, visit the following link for more information: