Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs Client Development Director of sgsco, this position will be responsible for the development and conversion of incoming design opportunities for all Design Pillar brands. Opportunities for this role may come through successful partnering relationships with the sgsco core sales team, networking, or via the various sgsco web sites. The role is responsible for leading new business/client development within existing sgsco business relationships as well as developing new relationships. This role is well suited for and experienced Client Director or New Business Director in the branding/marketing communications/innovation industry. The role reports to the Senior Vice President/Client Development and will interact with multiple business leaders within the Design Pillar as well as other business units of sgsco.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Develop presentations for Client Development opportunities. Leadership in pitch team development as well as owning creation of presentation materials. Responsible for leadership of follow-up prospect conversations.
* Create proposals in response to new business opportunities. Interact with the VP Client Service to ensure the methodology and pricing meets Design Pillar consistency expectations.
* Assist in the development of the Design Pillar prospect pipeline (existing sgsco clients & new clients)
* Partner to amplify existing platforms and content and assist in creating new platforms (digital and physical) to reach out to potential prospects
* Regularly contribute assigned work to the Design Pillar presentation and portfolio repository
* Provide bi-weekly updates of Client Development progress and maintain accurate financial projections related to Client Development
* Successfully transition won projects to the appropriate Design Pillar brand account and creative teams
* Develop and maintain business development plans for assigned Client Development role
* Provide internal and external leadership and guidance on Design Pillar skillsets
Education & Skills Required:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a branding agency environment or comparable in the field of advertising/marketing communications
* Travel 20% to 30%
* Experience with presentation software, including PowerPoint and Keynote.
* Proactive, strategic thought leadership and the ability to quickly "rally the troops" in a way that inspires team members to go above and beyond to consistently help us win new accounts
* Ability to clearly communicate and assign tasks and timetables to all team members involved in new business projects
* Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and report on multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation, organizational, writing, listening and comprehension skills
* Exemplary problem-solving skills, using a sound system of judgment to thoroughly analyze various options before making a decision or recommendation
* Solid understanding of branding fundamentals, including: planning, positioning, strategy and packaging
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",