Business Development Director (Southern California) 10/10/2017
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
Job Locations US-CA-Los Angeles
Marketing / Business Development
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Responsible for Vanir s Business Development and Marketing activities in Los Angeles and Orange County. This position is a key leadership and client facing position, reporting directly to the Area Manager, and coordinating with corporate Business Development and Marketing functions in the Sacramento corporate office. The work location is in downtown Los Angeles with frequent travel throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. Occasional travel to other Southern California areas and Sacramento will be required. It is expected that this position will be spending a significant amount of time working outside the office.
Candidate will have a high degree of market knowledge and industry relationships particularly in the Education, Healthcare, Government, and Private-sector markets, with an emphasis on Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services. Business Development Director will be responsible for early identification of business opportunities, advancing relationships with strategic clients, identification of clients with robust CapEx spending plans positioning Vanir Construction Management for contract awards including teaming recommendations, coordinating the proposal preparation effort locally, liaise with corporate Business Development staff, and preparation of project teams for client interviews. Regular interface with clients, government agency staff, and elected officials at a high level. The Business Development Director will also represent the company in various industry trade shows, conventions, and other A/E/C associations and engagements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist in the preparation of annual Business Plan and updates with responsibility for Business Development and Marketing strategies
* Maintain and keep current computer database of all client opportunities
* Report weekly on business development activities
* Research and identification of potential strategic clients
* Early identification of business opportunities including conducting face-to face client fact-finding meetings, company positioning to win, and teaming recommendations
* Author win plans for strategic opportunities that address client requirements and gaps
* Lead the internal Go/No-Go decision making process
* Lead locally the proposal preparation efforts; liaise with local operations Project Directors and corporate proposal support functions in Sacramento
* Assist operations in preparation of proposed fees
* Prepare the interview team for client interviews and preparation of interview PowerPoint presentations, presentation boards, leave behinds, and other interview materials
* Conduct post-solicitation debriefs on wins and losses
* Represent our company at various local and national industry events, including those that occur before/after normal business hours
* Maintain weekly calendar of local industry events that Vanir staff is participating in
* Coordinate industry events that Vanir is sponsoring
* Assist in identifying key strategic hires related to new opportunities
* Interface with existing clients and staff; provide leadership at team building events
* Interface with company subject matter experts in key market sectors (Vanir Executive Directors )
* Support various political and charitable company initiatives
* As needed, report to Company senior management including CEO, President, COO, CFO, and CIO
* Bachelor s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a technical field related to construction is required.
* An MBA or related post-graduate credential is preferred
* 10 years of experience in A/E, Construction, or PMCM Business Development is required
* Knowledge of the Construction Industry Market Place in Southern California is required
* Strong working knowledge of the principles of strategic planning, marketing, relationship based sales, and business development and marketing in the public sector for construction projects is required
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
* The ability to travel (drive) regionally to meet clients in person for professional, social, and development engagements is required
* Experience in Cosential, Salesforce, Deltek Vision, or similar sales database software is preferable
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS