Business Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs IT HR Business Systems Analyst, on BCG s IT Business Systems team you will have responsibility for functional & technical support of BCG's global HR applications. You will work with a team of internal technical resources, as well as a cross-functional team consisting of Project Managers, Developers, and others to provide high quality applications support which respond to and meet the business needs of the entire BCG organization. You will be expected to participate in hands-on functional enhancements activities as well as providing guidance and oversight of functional/technical activities to successfully execute projects related to BCG s HR applications.
Company InformationThe Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Basic Job Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree with 3+ years of experience in a technical support and/or software development role.
* Experience supporting large corporate applications and systems. Experience in the HR domain highly desired.
* Strong technical troubleshooting skills, including debugging and analysis of performance issues
* SQL knowledge - strong Oracle PL/SQL skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with users and provide a high level of customer service in a friendly, professional manner
* Able to generate strong reports based on raw data ( Strong Excel & PowerPoint Experience)
* Experience in a Global environment preferred
Non-discrimination StatementThe Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Functional & technical support (primarily Web) built with the Microsoft stack and Oracle RDBMS
* Under the direction of the HR Application Project Lead, work with the HR organization in the planning and execution of application s functional/technical projects in the core HR applications area
* Providing technical guidance and performing code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to group standards
* Have overall responsibility for the health of the core HR applications, in terms of quality of the program code and operational effectiveness, from a functional & technical standpoint
* Work closely with software vendors in the planning and design of application changes (including upgrades) and coordinating on delivery and deployment processes
* Stay abreast of functional & development tools, trends and practices, and act as an evangelist for items that should be considered for future initiatives