Business Systems Analyst IV 9/16/2017
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst IV to provide oversight for the analysis and translation of business needs into business/technical requirements for enterprise projects. The role leads teams and other resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business requirements for complex issues. This person will also act as a representative of Business Solutions group to Enterprise Initiatives. This position works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others.
* Takes ownership of the analysis and understanding of medium to complex issues, and coordinates the documentation of business needs
* Leads Business Requirements gathering process, including the creation of deliverables
* Conducts detailed research
* Coordinates analysis necessary to identify viable solution alternatives
* Follows the Horizon's business requirement's documentation process utilizing the appropriate tools
* Creates and delivers work estimates to client(s)
* Creates and coordinates the creation of technical documents and high level solution designs
* Coordinates the development, testing and implementation of system specifications
IT BSG Specific Requirements:
* Lead and manage the process for identifying and recommending improvements.
* Lead the verification and validation of requirements, obtaining approvals on solution requirements and traceability.
* Lead the validation of requirements against identified and defined business needs, maintaining requirements for future reuse, traces requirements from business case to implemented solution.
* Manage the deployment of tools and methodologies to identify process and operational efficiencies in business current and future state models to optimize business value.
* Understand and Create business case to implemented solution
* Organizes and synthesizes large amounts of information provided by stakeholders
* Creates various types of UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams:
* Use Case Diagrams
* Interaction Diagrams
* Activity Diagrams
* Class Diagrams
* Sequence Diagrams
* Component Diagrams
* Deployment Diagrams
* Defines capabilities and requirements to support transition to new solutions
* Strong interpersonal skills that establish and sustain close working relationships with functional teams and subject matter experts as well as IT technical, development, and support personnel
* Support Information Security programs which include governance (policy & standards), security enhancements, new security technology evaluation and testing, project requirement gathering, internal client communications, documentation, and security awareness
* Regularly participant in new projects to learn new technologies and perform detailed feature and usability analysis based on vendor s offerings and horizon s needs
* Assist in the design and implementation of new IAM security technologies and support to ensure that the appropriate controls and tools are selected and operationalized
* Monitor and help enforce the effectiveness of Enterprise wide information security program
* Requires knowledge of system development life cycle and implementation methodologies
* Requires excellence in structured query languages, or analysis techniques
* Requires strong ability to apply structure to loosely defined complex problems
* Demonstrates understanding of core business functions
* Requires excellent knowledge of IT and computer systems
Skills & Abilities:
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others as a team
* Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
* Establish a track record of solid project delivery, superior relationship building, and excellent teamwork
* Requires exceptional analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of Mobile Security, Cloud Security and Forensic Security is a plus
* Understanding of IT security concepts with an emphasis on Security Operations, Incident response a plus
* General understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), encryption, network security controls tools and functionalities is a plus
* General knowledge of security protocols and services
* Infrastructure knowledge (devices, servers, network. etc.) will be a plus.
* Requires Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, from an accredited college or university
* 6 to 8+ years of related IT work experience preferably in the health insurance industry
* Prefer advanced degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Information Technology, Security & Administration