Business Systems Analyst IV (Tech/Functional)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis is an advanced position working with limited supervision to develop, implement and maintain complex technology solutions. Review business requirement documents (BRD) and translate into technical specifications.
* Leads teams and other resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business requirements for data integrations.
* Leading and managing the process of identifying and recommending improvements, leads the process is collecting requirements, performs data profiling and validation of data.
* Engage with multiple projects to understand the dependencies and implications of data architecture and Horizon Assets.
* Work with Enterprise architecture to confirm, validate and refine recommendations for individual projects.
* Lead and own the analysis of source data and validate the requirements and coordinate the documentation of business needs.
* Oversee and own in some aspects creation of Technical requirements documents and High level ETL solution designs.
* Oversee and own in some cases the development, testing and implementation of system specification.
* Act as Subject matter Expert in system and technologies.
* Work from technical specifications to independently develop, modify and maintain moderately complex software products.
* Perform unit and system testing, Perform Tier Two Production Support as required.
* Analyze and troubleshoot problems and make recommendations for remediation.
* Complete regular reports and provide status updates to management.
* Leads design/code reviews, architecture discussions, and infrastructure reviews.
* Provides guidance and training to staff on in-house process.
* Manages interactions with external vendors.
* Directly interacts with internal customers.
* Assist in monitoring project schedules and gathering estimates.
* Requires Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (computer science, engineering or MIS) (equivalent work experience may be considered).
* 5+ years of relevant work experience.
* Requires working knowledge of software development life cycle methodology.
* Requires working knowledge of Informatica ETL Tool.
* Requires working Knowledge of Hadoop echo system, and understanding of Big data concepts.
* Requires working knowledge of object oriented languages.
* Requires knowledge of relational database management systems.
* Demonstrates understanding of core business functions.
* Demonstrates ability to apply structure to a loosely defined problem.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires demonstrated proficiency in application programming.
* Requires proficiency in SQL.
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Requires excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
Requires excellent organizational and time management skills. * Requires ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Prefers hands on experience with IBM Rational Suite.
* Requires experience with MS Office tools, including Visio.
* Requires ability to lead globally distributed team.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Professional certification in area of expertise a plus.
Travel (If Applicable).
May be called upon to perform production support or system rollouts on nights and weekends.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.