Payroll Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Palo Alto, CA
Another Source s client, Stanford University is recruiting a Payroll Systems Analyst to join their Palo Alto office..
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on Stanford s career site, requisition 76576:
Stanford University is one of a select group of American universities that have achieved eminence in both undergraduate and graduate education and in a broad range of academic disciplines. The University is internationally recognized for the quality of its teaching and research, its distinguished faculty and its outstanding student body.
In a highly complex and constantly changing backdrop, the University Controller s Office is responsible for creating an environment which promotes innovative and sound business policies and practices that balance controls, compliance and customer service. The organization consists of approximately 65 professionals, responsible for a broad range of financial activities, including Financial Accounting and Reporting, Payroll, Capital Accounting, Fund Accounting, Investment Accounting, Student Accounting and Tax Compliance.
The Payroll Systems Analyst will work as member of a team with primary responsibility for the University Payroll and Time & Leave systems, managing application upgrade projects, developing enterprise reports, streamlining processes, patch testing and contributing to the operations of the semi-monthly payroll. Reporting to the Director of Payroll, the Payroll Systems Analyst will serve as the functional lead for enhancements and upgrades of PeopleSoft Payroll, Time & Labor and other peripheral systems. Additionally, the Payroll Systems Analyst will develop and compile performance metrics for the department, analyzing data to support outreach efforts and to identify and implement business process improvements.
This individual will also specify requirements and/or design solutions for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. May serve as project lead.
* Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
* Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
* Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
* Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
* Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
* Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
* Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
* Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
* Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
* Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree plus five years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
* Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
* Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
* Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
* Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
* Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
* Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
* Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to design and document complex business systems.
* Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
* Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, business analysis of ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft or Oracle, with proven ability to apply knowledge to understand new systems and processes.
* Experience working in a payroll environment, including experience with payroll and timekeeping systems.
* End-to-end system implementation experience, including writing functional design specifications, creating test cases and analyzing test outcomes.
* Sufficient knowledge of SQL, or similar scripting language, to be able to interpret programming code as well as write scripts to extract data for analysis.
* Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance time-sensitive operational deadlines with progress on longer-term enhancements and projects.
* Proven ability to apply knowledge to analyze and interpret business policies and external regulations and translate them into compliant and efficient system processes.
* Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, sound judgment and sensitivity to handling of confidential data.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to provide formal and informal system training to users with differing levels of system experience.
* Strong customer-oriented approach to managing work.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, HR Technology, Business Systems Analyst HR Technology, Oracle, PeopleSoft, CRM, ERP