This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 4/14/2018
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
San Jose, CA
COBHAM is seeking a BUYER/PLANNER that will be responsible for implementing procurement objectives and will own the performance of specific commodities and suppliers who provide those components. The Buyer/Planner will work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a degree of judgment. The Buyer/Planner receives instruction on specific assignment objectives and possible solutions; and seeks approval from others on matters outside of the job scope. This position is located in San Jose, CA. No relocation available.
* Plans for and procures materials necessary to meet manufacturing build requirements for one or several product lines.
* Requests and analyzes quotes to ensure reasonable price, and that specifications are met.
* Initiates purchases and contracts driven through the MRP process.
* Reviews forecasted requirements and assess when to execute orders based on multiple factors.
* Negotiates critical, complex, awards in accordance with Company and Government regulations.
* Prepares complete purchase orders and arranges for specifications, material and tooling to be forwarded to suppliers.
* Manages cost improvement initiatives and establishes multi-year agreements.
* Pulls, pushes, or cancels orders per production plans.
* Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements.
* Matches material infeed and inventory turnover so as not to hold too high a percentage of inventory at any given time.
* Investigates and resolves issues with receiving, invoices or suppliers.
* Address, return and receive credit for defective materials.
* Interfaces with technical and management personnel, regarding changes in material, quantity, quality or delivery schedules.
* Develops commodity specific suppliers based on performance (Quality, Service, Technology, and Price).
* Quickly analyzes problems, investigate and determine solutions.
* Bachelor s Degree.
* One year experience in procurement.
* Experience planning strategically for the delivery of a variety of materials and services.
* Experience handling multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy under tight time deadlines.
* Experience evaluating, prioritizing and problem solving tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* MRP, SAP, or Oracle experience.
* Experience with Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables) and Power Point.
* Manufacturing, Electronic or Aerospace industry background.
* Experience performing price or cost analysis.
* Experience in vendor management including agreement negotiation.
* Knowledge of FAR or recent experience supporting a government contractor environment.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.