Buyer/Planner-Sr. Sourcing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/9/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Rochester Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Finance/Operations Manager, this individual analyzes purchase requisitions, develops and works with sources of supply, prepares and executes standard request for quotations; purchases materials, supplies, equipment, and services for manufacturing and other departments. Determines material requirements from MRP, purchase requisitions, demand planning and the production schedule, and coordinates the efficient movement of materials through production cycle, consignment programs and purchasing system. Maintains files, logs, supplier and purchasing records. Support purchasing functions and management.
* Performs a variety of duties related to the acquisition of materials, supplies, equipment and services, and the returning of purchased goods.
* Contacts appropriate suppliers to obtain price quotes, lead-time, methods of procurement, and quality data.
* Performs purchasing transactions requiring the usage of ERP LN, Word, Excel, Access and other computer tools.
* Expedites orders and requisitions.
* Plans and organizes workflow.
* Maintains delivery schedules, open purchase orders, debit memos, first articles and material shortages; EOL product and slow moving product.
* Investigates and analyzes new requirements generated by MRP, Kan-ban or other planning methods
* Manages a variety of meetings with staff, suppliers, and other groups to clarify specifications, material requirements, contractual agreements, and to resolve quality problems.
Bachelor's degree in Business; emphasis on purchasing and or accounting.
4+ years' relevant experience.
Understanding of electrical/electronic manufacturing process, components, and purchasing policies.
Ability to communicate effectively with associates and suppliers both orally and written.
Mathematical / Accounting skills, ability to use specialized equipment and programs; read difficult instructions and maintain records.
Computer skills, Excel, Word, ERP LN, Access, Vision Explorer, Materials Management System or equivalent.