This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
Wall Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUYER 2
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Responsible for the processing of purchase orders from inception to payment.
* Review paper requisitions for completeness and appropriate signatures and distribute as necessary, including working with submitting department on correction of information.
* Process paper requisitions, including item add and vendor add paper work
* Assist departments and supply coordinators with sourcing of new items and substitute items
* Expedite open purchase orders
* Process goods returns and follow up on credit memos
* Evaluate purchase order discrepancy notifications and take corrective actions, including informing MMIS team of changes needed in the MMIS system
* Resolve issues in regards to invoice matching
* Negotiate and obtain accurate pricing from vendors for new items.
* Evaluate and recommend items to contract to the Contract Managers
* Work with Contract Managers on projects as assigned.
* Any other functions as necessary to process purchase orders
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Advanced knowledge and education generally acquired through two years of formal training from a community or junior college.
* Between 3-5 years purchasing experience.
* PC skills: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Lawson experience preferred
* Equipment skill: Calculator, PC, Fax, telephone
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.