BWPO PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH - DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE 9/17/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Brigham and Womans Physician Organization (BWPO) has the need for a Patient Accounts Representative reporting to the BWPO Patient Account Manager of Medicine Patient Services. Activities and duties of the Patient Account Representative involve the follow up of outstanding patient invoices, interacting with insurance companies on appeal of inappropriately denied/or paid services, and response to patient inquiries (both written and verbal) regarding their bills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for daily management of accounts receivable process and follow up in the Billing System (Epic), including daily screening and correcting of claims for accuracy.
2. Review, correction and completion of edit queues weekly for the particular insurance (s) assigned.
3. Follow-up on pending claims, this includes following up with the insurance company, document the findings and gather and send the necessary documentation to process the claims.
4. Responsible for the appeals process. This also includes gathering the information necessary to process the appeal accurately. Such as finding researching payer websites, identifying the correct diagnoses and/or procedure code, pulling of documentation such as EOB's, requesting medical records, reviewing registration/eligibility and benefits, as well as documenting all work performed on the patient invoice.
5. Customer Service calls. Responsible for handling customer service calls and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, listening, problem solving, professionalism, etc.
6. Management, follow up and resolution of credit balances and adjustments within assigned accounts receivable.
7. Handle confidential information with accordance with HIPPA standards.
8. All other duties assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
A Minimum of 1 year experience in a healthcare
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Excellent organizational skills
Once fully trained have a complete understanding of the entire appeals process from start to finish
Strong Interpersonal skills, service orientation and team work
Knowledge of Physician third party billing and collections preferred
Thorough knowledge of third party reimbursements preferred
Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
All work is performed at the main business office at 111 Cypress Street, Brookline, MA, in an office environment.
Office electronics and data entry systems will be used daily.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.