C&A Analyst, #2017-151
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/2/2018
Defense Point Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONDefense Point Security is seeking a C&A Analyst in Woodlawn, MD.
* Provide security analysis on systems through security assessment using vulnerability scanning tools, baseline forward compliance checklists (e.g. STIGS and CIS) and NIST 800-53 control assessments throughout the life-cycle process under limited supervision
* Works directly with system administrators and system engineers to ensure security configurations of mainframe systems and all third party/helper applications in accordance with NIST policies, requirements and directives, including compliance with USGCB, STIG, CIS and scan results
* Provide mitigation and remediation recommendations in support of the system assessment process and lead the mitigation and remediation effort by directly engaging with system administrators
* Work with ticketing systems to track CT and security assessment requests. Analyze, interpret, and simplify vulnerability and compliance reports for system administrators to understand and remediate security risks
* Collaborate directly with both the System Administrator and Systems Engineers on a daily basis
* Assist with preparation of necessary documentation to support ATO, including assessment, analysis reports, and executive summaries of cyber threats, and formal and informational briefings to IT professional staff
* Collect metrics from system tools to answer data calls and provide graphics summarizing metrics in excel and power point
* Utilize vulnerability security tools
* Document residual risks by conducting a thorough review of all the vulnerabilities, architecture and defense in depth and provide the IA risk analysis and mitigation determination results for risk exceptions
* Document and manage POA&Ms, false positives, and risk exception artifacts
* Proactively work with team members to identify and address security and compliance issues
* This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
* 3+ years experience in Information Security with a focus on analyzing security vulnerability and compliance reports and mitigating findings
* 3+ years experience building and managing one of the following systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Cisco, IBM zOS, or MAC OS
* Knowledge of different network devices and network topolgies
* Experience with IT ticketing systems and knowledge in ITL framework
* Experience in a virtualized environment and knowledge of VMWare
* Experience with NIST 800-53 based security assessment and authorization
* Hands-on experience with one or more security scanners (e.g. Nessus, Nexpose, Retina, etc.)
Job Location: Woodlawn, MD
Position Type: FullTime/ Regular
Security Requirement: Public Trust
All candidates must be clearable.
To see other locations please see the Information Security Career Menu on defpoint.com
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in government-focused security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
* Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
* Life Insurance paid by DPS
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
* 401k Contribution Matching and 100%.