CAD Designer I 10/9/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
Participate in multidiscipline project team, developing, maintain and improving products. Generate complex mechanical and electro-mechanical models and drawings with minimal direction. Investigate, recommend and assist in material selection and manufacturing process decisions of each piece part and assembly. Coordinate with other internal departments affected by design development. Meet project goals, particularly functionality, manufacturability, reliability and cost goals. Create and maintain item masters and bills of material utilizing PLM system.
* Remain informed of the latest software updates and modeling techniques.
* Coordinate the documentation of new product development through conception, design and layout, certification, pilots and full production under guidance from the Project Engineer. Work with other departments as necessary to accomplish this documentation in accordance with project schedules. Supervise the pilots and initial production runs for verification of drawings, assemblies and bills of materials.
* Designs and details complex machined, fabricated, sheet metal and or purchased components from engineering input.
* Develop assembly drawings for complex assemblies with multi-layered bills of materials utilizing 3D CAD software and PLM system.
* Generates 3D solid models of parts and assemblies to ensure proper fit, form and function. Performs interference and tolerance stack up analysis.
* Process Engineering Change Requests/Orders utilizing PLM system in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ensure item and bill of material attributes are accurate and maintained in PLM system.
* Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Must have an associate degree in design or another related discipline or a certification in drafting.
* Must possess knowledge and understanding of ANSI standards and practice them in your designs.
* We require experience in 3D Parametric CAD design using SolidWorks, ProEngineer/CREO, Inventor or other robust design software.
* Design experience beyond solid modelling in applications such as Weldments, Surfacing, Sheet Metal and Routing desired.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as, Engineering Change Request, Red lines, operating and maintenance instructions.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as trigonometry, geometry, algebra and basic equations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to task for determination of area, percentages, volume and tolerance build up. Ability to read measuring instruments to calculate overall dimensions, fit and build-up.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to manipulate computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment with hands and arms.
Years of Experience
Minimum of 1 year related work experience
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..