CAD Operator (AutoCAD Civil 3D) 9/16/2017
Temple Terrace, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Geosyntec is seeking a CAD Operator with AutoCAD Civil 3D experience for our Tampa, Florida office. The selected candidate will perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) for a variety of civil and geotechnical engineering design projects. We are seeking a motivated individual who can develop layouts, grading plans and details for civil engineering projects, including landfills, industrial sites and utilities. Projects also include mechanical drawing systems and opportunities to contribute from the conceptual design stage through construction.
Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? This is a full-time position in a dynamic, fast paced and growing work environment. Some of the key responsibilities for the CAD Operator (Civil 3D) position include:
* Draft, edit & finalize technical drawings and design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods and adhering to Geosyntec drafting standards;
* Understand and visualize overall civil/geotechnical engineering concepts, such as grading, and translating abstract concepts to design drawings;
* Proofread CAD drawings for accuracy, format, & grammar;
* Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine best approach to complete a drawing set;
* Manage production of drawing sets from creation, markup and modification based on overall design;
* Work collaboratively with other Geosyntec CADD practitioners to prepare design drawings and details and reviewing completed work products to ensure quality;
* Operate plotter, printer, scanner, and other input/output devices;
* Copy detailed plans and drawings and perform non-routine complex drafting assignments; and
* Perform other technical and administrative tasks as required.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you advance your career.
* Graduation from an accredited high school, or completion of a GED program. (required)
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from accredited university. (preferred)
* 1 to 3 years of experience performing CAD drafting work in a professional setting or equivalent education, experience and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities including those below. (required)
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D. (preferred)
* Experience developing and working with grading plans, cross-sections, alignments, profiles, three-dimensional surfaces, and earthwork volumes for landfills and other large civil design projects. (required)
* Experience with solid waste and stormwater management. (preferred)
* Experience using/incorporating land or aerial surveying/mapping data and files. (required)
* Knowledge of civil engineering basics including sheet organization, topographical data, scales, and coordinate systems. (preferred)
* Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD and basic knowledge of Word, Adobe, and Excel. (required)
* Experience with ArcGIS and MicroStation. (preferred)
* Strong reasoning, mathematical, and geometrical skills. (required)
* Ability to work additional hours as needed. (required)
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: CADOP01330
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..