This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
* Perform systems drawing documentation by the use of CAD software for fabrication and installation of Audio Visual Systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and generate all necessary drawings for integrated AVI-SPL customer projects
* Coordinate with Design Engineers, Project Engineers and Project Managers to complete drawings accurately and timely
* Provide high-level customer service to internal and external customers daily
* Research components as needed to create an accurate depiction
* Act as customer liaison in absence of the Senior CAD Technician
* Utilize and test calibration of equipment
* Responsible for contributing to job documentation as needed
* Assist with projector and Screen Support Structure installations
* Operate small and large scale office printers/plotters
* Utilize labeling software for rack and field wiring purposes
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
* Proven proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD
* Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
* Ability to successfully handle multiple projects at once
* Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video and control systems
* Understanding of site survey's
* Familiarity of AV or other electro-mechanical installation techniques
* PC proficient
* Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards
Education and/or Experience
* Minimum of 1 year CAD experience preferred
* 1 year of customer interaction experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment and can occasionally be required to drive to client sites.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.