This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONComputational Fluid Dynamics and Structural Tasks Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
* Construct (mesh) and analyze finite element models of engine components, including but not limited to: Intake manifolds, Air Induction system, oil pumps, valve covers, heat exchangers, and evaporative emission canisters
* Provide solutions for mode shapes, forced response, durability/fatigue, deflection, stress and structural optimization to meet design targets and specifications.
* Provide insight into the performance and design of engine components and provide design recommendations to achieve design targets.
* Computational Fluid Dynamics:
* Construct (mesh) and analyze Gas Dynamics models of engine components, including but not limited to: Intake manifolds, Air Induction system, oil pumps, valve covers, heat exchangers, and evaporative emission canisters
* Provide solutions in Computational Fluid Dynamics for these products to meet design targets and specifications.
* Interface with CAE Engineers, Projects Teams, External Customers, and Software Suppliers.
* Review test results, correlate with analytical models and prepare detailed analysis reports.
* Perform work assignments with minimum supervision.
* Assist in the development of department CAE strategy
Requirements Impress us - with your professional and personal skills.
Impress us - with your professional and personal skills.
* Bachelors Degree required, Masters or PHD preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience in performing structural finite element analysis on plastic and metal components along with gas dynamic models in steady and transient modes.
* Abaqus, Altair Hyperworks, or equivalent analysis program experience required.
* Strong background in FEM analysis techniques, material properties (related to structural behavior), analysis of plastic metal and elastomeric components required.
* Experience with analysis programs such as GT Power, WAVE, Star-CCM+, Fluent or equivalent required
* Strong background in 1D & 3D Gas Dynamics analysis techniques
* Knowledge in the analysis of optimized air flow designs for automotive powertrain components preferred.
* Comfortable with conducting technical presentations and preparing technical reports
* Familiarity with the manufacturing of plastic and/or metal components is an asset
* Must be able to effectively direct laboratory studies in order to support CAE correlations.
* Must be oriented toward statistical and detailed problem solving and capable of technical leadership.
* CAD 3D solid modeling experience such as CATIA, NX, etc is an asset.
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That's why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path - with us.
Click here for applying online.
Ms. Jamie Champagne is available to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled