Cardiac Cath Lab Tech PRN Putnam Medical Center 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26760-886
* BASIC FUNCTION:
* Support PCMC s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
* Under the general direction of the head of the Cath Lab, performs specialized cardiovascular procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory involving a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. Regulates the equipment used to archive X-ray images. Operates equipment while performing a variety of procedures.
* SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
* Champion PCMC s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
* Performs vascular/routine radiography according to established procedures and special instructions from the Radiologist or patient s physician.
* Assists the physician with equipment including needles, wires, catheters, and medications
* Monitors the patients vital signs during the procedure
* Documents the procedure and creates the medical record
* May participate in the orientation of new personnel and assists in their transition to the work environment as assigned.
* Completes reportable occurrence forms when necessary according to hospital policy.
* Participates in Quality Assurance, data collection and documentation as assigned.
* Participates in the maintenance of equipment and inventory
* Participates in performance improvement and the hospital s Quality Assurance program.
License as a General Radiographer, ARRT preferred, or RCIS certification; ACLS required
EDUCATION: Graduate of Radiologic Technology program, Associates degree in invasive cardiology preferred or graduate of an CVT program and have passed the RCIS exam, or will pass the exam within 6 months of date of hire.
EXPERIENCE: Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab experience mandatory.
REGISTRATION: Current Florida State
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of Federal and State requirements, strong communication and motivational skills. Ability to deal with people in stressful situations. Self directed and an independent achiever. Fluent in medical terminology. Demonstrates the principals of surgical asepsis. Attention to detail, Understands cardiovascular pathophysiology, reads and understands a 12 lead EKG, can identify lethal arrhythmias, can identify normal versus abnormal intra cardiac and peripheral pressure waveforms, can work as a member of a team, practices a code of medical ethics.
Last Edited: 09/18/2017