Cardiology Clinical Consultant 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Abiomed, a rapidly growing medical device company, is looking for a passionate and experienced Cardiology Clinical Consultant. This role is key to Abiomed s commercial business success. Our products have continued to expand in Cath Labs and ICUs across the US. With our continued success, we are looking to expand our Clinical Consultant team. This role will be responsible to partner and demonstrate the value and impact of our Impella product portfolio to physicians and staff. This role will cover our Boston, South franchise.
* Patient Support: Improve patient outcomes through education and medical staff interaction. Visit all institutions where patients have been equipped with Impella products to collect clinically relevant data, document trip results, and communicate activities with other team members and sales counterpart.
* Account Training / Account Management: Responsible for ongoing training and utilization growth at assigned accounts. Coordinate activities with sales counterpart and document results of each trip. Manage customer education for new and existing accounts.
* Education/Clinical Demos: Arrange or assist in coordinating on site clinical demos to educate all levels of the medical staff.
* Clinical/technical (radiology, CVT, perfusion) degree required, RN preferred
* 3+ years of direct patient support in a Cath Lab, ICU, or CCU
* 3+ years of commercial experience required
* Ability to work in a team environment required
* Availability for emergent patient care required
* Experience delivering demonstrations and successful trainings
* Established relationships/network of Interventional Cardiologists and Cath Lab staff in Boston, South territory preferred
* Ability to travel 50% within territory required
Abiomed (NASDAQ: ABMD) is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of RECOVERING HEARTS AND SAVING LIVES. Abiomed CEO, Chairman, and President, Michael R. Minogue, has focused the company s efforts on developing ground-breaking technologies designed to assist or replace the life-sustaining pumping function of the failing heart. The Company s portfolio of products and services offer healthcare professionals an array of choices across a broad clinical spectrum. From the world s first total replacement heart to the World s Smallest Heart Pump, 1/100th the size of the heart with rapid and simple insertion, Abiomed is dedicated to finding ways to bring the most advanced and beneficial technology to patients and physicians.
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.