Cardiology Diagnostic Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 9/29/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
THIS IS A PRN POSITION
The Cardiology Diagnostic Technician I is an entry level Technician that performs electrocardiograms (12 lead EKGs) and Holter monitor applications for both inpatient and outpatient exams. Processes and transmits EKG and Holter monitor data to designated software applications. Ensures exams are available for physician interpretation for completion of exam, including paperwork and reconciliation of exams. This job collaborates with all members of the patient care team.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental Scope of Service and Provision of Care plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner.
SERVICE - 30%
1. Performs diagnostic electrocardiograms (12 lead EKGs) and Holter monitor exams that require precise placement of electrodes to the assigned area for accurate EKG data. Proactively identifies issues and how to address them for optimum results.
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients when conducting the EKG and/or Holter exams. Educates patients on the required care of the monitoring unit and electrode care, who require inpatient or outpatient Holter monitoring.
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians and other health care team members during diagnostic exams.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
1. Identifies changes or abnormalities in EKG morphology when performing exams or processing data. Takes corrective action or communicates immediately, when appropriate, to proper personnel for the best results.
2. Reviews the quality of EKG tracings for the patient care team and interpreting physician.
3. Ensures all patient care equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed.
FINANCE - 10%
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered, when applicable.
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technician.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* High School Diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
* 0 years, with six months of basic EKG and/or Holter monitor experience highly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* One of the following within 18 months of hire: NHA-CET, NCCET-CET, CCI-CCT, ACA-CET, MedCA-EKG 1, NAHP-NRCEKG, or completion of HM EKG class
* American Heart Association BLS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
* Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology/ Cardiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
* Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
* Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow and actively participating in problem solving
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Hospital list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of 100 Best Companies To Work For since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world. APPLY.