This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/28/2018
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Under supervision performs routine carpentry tasks in the construction, maintenance and repair of wood structures, fixtures and furnishings according to blueprints, drawings and specific instructions throughout hospital facilities and satellites. Responsible for snow removal as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs general carpentry tasks such as wall demolition & hanging blue board.
2. Designs, builds, install/repairs shelving, bulletin boards, counter tops, cabinets and temporary partitions according to blue prints and drawings.
3. Strong working knowledge of door and frame installation, repair and maintenance. Experience in panic hardware installation and servicing units (manual/electric).
4. Estimates time and materials required for carpentry projects.
5. Ability to operate power tools such as table saws, band saws, drill presses and other carpentry related power tools.
6. Performs minor repairs of Hospital furniture such as chairs, desks, etc..
7. Good communication skills and ability to respond to work order requests.
8. Install case work for window A/C units.
9. Ability to inspect & repair smoke/fire barriers on a semi-annual basis.
10. On a quarterly basis inspect/repair patient, stairwell, corridor and building connector doors in accordance with our preventive maintenance schedule.
11. Responsible for snow removal.
12. Performs special projects and other tasks.
13. Ensure ILSM & ICRA are reviewed for each job.
Complete daily time charges via IPAD for charge-back purposes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to operate safely and efficiently a variety of hand and power tools.
2. Work requires the ability to lift lumber, doors and heavy times (over 70 lbs) regularly.
3. Must be physically able to use a respirator.
1. Compliance with the Hospital and department rules on uniforms in addition to the Buildings & Grounds policy and procedure manual.
2. The use of safety equipment such as: respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc. on specific job assignments.
3. a) Pass respirator clearance exam, b) along with compliance with Hospitals universal precaution rules.
4. Understand and practice patient confidentiality (HIPPA)
5. Understand and practice infection control through proper dust containment. Understand the use of the environmental containment booths.
6. Some overtime is required.
7. Is subject to call any time for emergencies due to increment weather, special project or plant failure.
8. Is subject to work in mechanical rooms with running equipment, steam pipes, etc.
9. Works in patient areas and laboratories.
10. Work requires regular walking, standing and climbing of ladders.
1. High school grad or equivalent, Must be able to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations in order to read and interpret drawings and sketches accurate measurements.
2. Requires knowledge of carpentry skills such as cabinet making usually acquired through 2 years of technical training or related experience.
3. 7 to 10 years of direct carpentry experience in wood constructions, maintenance and repair required. Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.