Carpenter I 9/20/2017
Evergreen Fire and Safety
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
This position supports company goals and growth in matters related to Facility Services. The carpenter will provide assistance to Evergreen Facility Services by fulfilling work orders from our customers
Job Duties and Functions:
* Possesses experience in the following trades: framing, tim, cabinetry, tile, plumbing, electric and drywall;
* Possesses the basic hand tools and knowledge of power tools usage.
* Meets with Project Managers, customers, and/or customers' agents to obtain a complete understanding of job requirements and documents these as necessary before project start;
* Plans execution of the job with Project Managers referring to specifications and plans as needed;
* Clearly communicates all job requirements including but not necessarily limited to; job schedules, work plans, equipment usage, hazardous conditions, safety procedures, damage control procedures, job site layout, and emergency procedures.
* Maintains high production, safe work habits, and high morale/motivational levels on the job
* Constructs retaining walls and fences; * Paints facilities and exterior buildings; * Assists in construction or demolishing of buildings; * Loads and unload structure materials and move materials in work areas; * Directs traffic at or near building sites and carries out other traffic management activities; * Assists supervisors with clerical duties; * Maintains tools and equipment to include company vehicles * Erects and take to pieces concrete forms, scaffolding and ramps * Digs trenches and place pipes or cables for drains and extra services * Moves furniture, assemble desk & wall partitions * Cleans-up work sites * Manages shift equipment and materials (including keeping shop organized and clean); * Transfers and finishes concrete slabs; * Takes delivery of materials and cargo from suppliers, making sure paperwork is correct and quantities are checked * Mixes, transfers and extends materials such as concrete and asphalt * Helps in drilling and coring; plane earth using rakes and shovels * Removes debris and trash at construction sites * Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Experience And Skills:
Position Specific Required:
* Has state driver s license; * Has 1 contract based certificate; * Has AA or 1+ year(s) in related industry experience. * Able to attain secret clearance * Able to pass pre-employment and continuing background and federal- class drug and MVR screening * Must be comfortable with heights
* This position requires up to 25% travel
* Experience working in the construction industry.
* Paid Vacation time (Accrual begins on date of hire; eligibility effective following 90 days of active employment) * 7 Paid Holidays * Life, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and Disability Insurance
* Evergreen Fire Alarms will make Safe Harbor matching contributions in the amount of 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of participant contributions for the calendar year. You will be 100% vested in the Safe Harbor contribution.
* Health Benefits * Dental Benefit * Vision Benefit
* Employer Assistance Program (EAP)* * Coverages for Employee such as Financial Planning, Counseling, Supervisor Assistance, and much more. * Benefits Advocates * Dedicated staff of advocates to help with everything from coverage, to billing to prescription medication * Evergreen Fire and Security Corporate Perks, where you can save money on computers, restaurants, cell phones and much more just by being an employee of Evergreen.
Evergreen Fire and Security is a nationwide fire and security company. Evergreen Fire and Security is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 253-627-3794 and ask for Human Resources or email HR@evergreenfire.com.