Carrier Services Representative (Dispatcher) - DSV Road 9/19/2017
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The DSV Road group s Carrier Services Representative is an integral part of the branch s team as they help to build and develop relationships with carriers and customers by providing exceptional customer service. They ensure that correct information is provided to the carriers and customers, while accurately tracking various shipment pick-ups to their final delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops carrier relationships in order to effectively support customers. * Maintains and grows relationships with carrier accounts. * Ensures problem resolution; including identifying issues, applying critical thinking to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions. * Has daily contact with carriers to determine availability while negotiating transportation rates. * Provides consistent and exceptional customer service levels to carriers and customers. * Researches new carriers within the market, generates leads, and develops new carrier relationships. * Makes cold and warm calls to current and potential clients to promote business growth and development. * Studies and understands seasonal market trends. * Handles dispatch operations with carriers and drivers. * Tracks shipment from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding shipments.
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High School diploma. * 1 years experience in a logistics, brokerage, or customer service field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
* Solid analytical experience in Excel required
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Position requires strong mathematical skills for project development
* Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others * Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results * Excellent communication skills, verbal and written * Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated * Ability to build strong relationships * Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency * High attention to detail and ability to multitask * Strong organizational skills * Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer * Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication skills
Education and/or Experience
* 6 months industry experience
* Experience in Oracle preferred * Experience with Transportation management software a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.