Catering & Conference Services Leader In Development (Event Planning)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocations US-TX-Fort Worth
Posted Date 1 month ago
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Catering and Convention Services
Fort Worth Hotel
As breathtaking as any West Texas sunset, the Omni Fort Worth Hotel offers a taste of Texas hospitality. Conveniently located in the heart of Fort Worth s exciting downtown, the hotel is adjacent to the Fort Worth Convention Center and within walking distance from the city s cultural centers, restaurants and nightlife. The Omni Fort Worth Hotel received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award, and was named Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the United States in 2014 by Cvent.
The Omni Fort Worth Hotel offers unique employment experiences revolving around associate engagement and innovation. The invigorating world of hospitality resonates through the walls of our one-of-a-kind convention center property. The Omni Fort Worth will continue to be recognized for exemplary guest service and accommodation. As we provide empowerment through our Power of One culture, we work to strengthen and grow the careers of our dedicated associates. The Omni Fort Worth Hotel is searching for dedicated hospitality professionals with guest service mentality to join our extraordinary team!
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of the Converence Services & Catering Division operations. Responsible for providing support to the Catering and Conference Services Department including planning, execution, follow-up and evaluation for catering and conference services events. The start date for this position will be January 2018.
* Assist Catering & Conference Services Directors with department reports as requested
* Attend internal meetings
* Maintain BEO Book for Conference Services and attend all BEO meetings
* Responsible for Room Only events from initial turnover through execution.
* Responsible for Catering Meetings under 10 guests
* Prepare Conference Services booking files
* Answers calls to Conference Services
* Generate Initial Budges Estimates for all Conference groups
* Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
* Must be organized and detail oriented. Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
* Must have high attention to detail and ability to adapt to unexpected situations.
* Previous hotel, catering, Resort Suite,Synergy and Delphi experience preferred.
* A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management within the last 2 years.
* Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
* Must be willing to work 50 hours per week including weekends, occasional holidays and evenings.