Centralized Eligibility Advocate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/26/2018
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
Centralized Eligibility Advocate
Want to work for a non-profit agency which believes in team work, having fun and achieving success* If so, CCRC could be the right place for you!
You could play a key role engaging families and enrolling children in our birth to age five Head Start Programs.
Under the general supervision of the ERSEA Manager, the Centralized Eligibility Advocate (CEA) will implement Head Start's Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection and Enrollment process for children and families desiring or receiving Head Start and Early Head Start services, as well as keep the ChildPlus.Net database system maintained and current at all times
Successful candidates will need the following:
Associate s Degree in Family Studies, Human Development or related field or high school diploma with a minimum of two years experience working in customer service field and/or in a family support program.
Strong computer skills including data entry, word processing and report management.
Communicates clearly, promptly, and accurately via multiple forums including, but not limited to, face-to-face, phone, and email.
Must have ability to work effectively with a wide variety of parent from diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds
Ability to converse, write, and/or translate in Spanish or Armenian preferred.
Must be able to work independently and have strong time management abilities.
Valid California Driver s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance, and clean DMV record required.
Must have strong mathematical and analytical skills with ability to use a calculator or income calculators.
Criminal Records (e.g. Live Scan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry, Health and Tuberculosis (TB) test clearances required.
Show ability to have flexibility, maturity of judgment, and ability to work collegially.
Must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
Respect each individual, child, and family. Experience working with families and young children.
Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and the community to work as part of a team, and collaborate with colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to:
* Participating in the analysis of community needs. Participates in ERSEA Team workgroups to determine the annual eligibility criteria for the program. Develops annual recruitment plans for their assigned recruitment and enrollment area.
* Collaborate, and establish effective communication, with all HS/EHS program areas to ensure program services are being provided and implemented. Participate in Multidisciplinary Team Meeting. Provides resource materials and support to parents and staff when needed.
* Participates in community meetings, fairs and/or events to recruit children and families. Serve as resource for center based staff on ERSEA policies and procedures. Maintains active Waitlist based on points that correlate with selection criteria. Performs clerical and administrative functions as needed including data entry, file management, and preparation of correspondence to support enrollment efforts. Selects families from the Waitlist based on highest priority needs and program requirements for enrollment into the program. Contacts eligible families for enrollment via telephone, electronic mail, text messaging and certified postal mail.
* Reviews all Initial Intakes inputted by staff for potential new applicants. Schedules and conducts Pre-Enrollment appointments with potential families to verify and complete: age, income, residency, categorical eligibility, and family circumstances. Analyzes source documentation to verify accuracy of information provided to determine qualification, and signs Head Start Eligibility Verification form that all documents have been reviewed and accurate.
* Completes all enrollment documentation of selected families including: enrollment application, immunization information, health and nutrition forms, Special Needs Questionnaire, Emergency Cards, and other documents deemed necessary by the agency. All enrollment information shall be entered in ChildPlus.Net and source documentation scanned into ChildPlus.Net.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)