Centrifugal Pump Buyer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
Grand Terrace, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
PSG-Grand Terrace: Centrifugal Pump Buyer Job Description
Responsible for procurement of specialized items and executing buying complex strategies in accordance with agreed upon material buying plans at the optimum cost/quality relationship.
* Preferred Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
* Minimum of five years experience in supply chain purchasing Centrifugal Pump parts and components
* Full comprehension of centrifugal product line and industrial indicators for better PO parts comprehension.
* Manage the performance of an assigned group of suppliers and initiate the timely release of purchase orders for production materials.
* Manage supplier performance using leading metrics such as PPV, Supplier OTD and Supplier Quality.
* Analyze current orders, historical data and other records to determine the best source and Setting for Oracle MRP replenishment requirements.
* ABC analysis, Safety stock management, Product life cycle management, Economic order quantity management
* Maintain an adequate inventory level/supply of assigned commodities to ensure On Time Delivery to our customer is met.
* *Constant communication with suppliers negotiating reduced Minimum Order Quantities (MOQs), smaller more frequent orders to be placed offsetting long-term risks and a risk assessment regularly monitored
* Accurate demand forecasting and purchasing practices can support operation s strategic goals of ordering enough to meet ongoing customer demand while not carrying too much extra inventory to keep costs under control
* Reduce excess incoming inventory by continually reviewing inventory reports. Maximize the value of each purchase consistent with the Company's requirements and policies to achieve balance between function, productivity, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
* Resolve problems situations related to selection of source, price, deliveries, specifications, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Knowledge of Oracle MRP (Material Requirement Planning) systems
* Experience with commodities such as machining, castings and there processes.
* Minimum 3 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite in daily professional tasks including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Access Database
* APICS/CPIM certification
Grand Terrace, California, United States
Dover PSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE Male/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Nonminority/Disability/Vet