Certified Medication Aide CMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/10/2017
Sandy Lake Rehabilitation and Care Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONFacility Name: Sandy Lake Rehab & Care Center
Address: 1410 East Sandy Lake Road, Coppell, TX 75019
Phone #: 972-304-4444
About the Position:
Working in long-term care provides an opportunity unique from all other types of health care facilities. Unlike nursing in other settings, long term care provides the opportunity to practice truly holistic nursing care while fostering a lasting connection between nurses, patients, and their families. It requires a special kind of nursing professional; one with compassion, patience, dedication, and true commitment to improving the health and lives of patients at a delicate time in their lives. The Certified Medication Aide works in harmony with the nursing staff, ensuring that patients get the medications they need to improve their health and lives. If you are a Certified Medication Aide with a true passion for patient care and compassion for others, apply today
The Certified Medication Aide is primarily responsible for preparing and administering oral, nasal, eye, ear, and topical medications in accordance with facility policies and procedures and state law. With the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Nurse, the Certified Medication Aide will also perform various direct patient care activities within the long-term care environment.
Medication Aide - 8 Hours Shift - Monday to Friday (2 pm - 10 pm)
* Ideal candidate must be a caring individual dedicated to providing high quality care to residents in our care
* Must posess a current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate valid in the state of - __
* Must posess a current, state approved Medication Administration certificate valid in the state of - ____
* 1+ years of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a long term care environment preferred
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Vision must be adequate to read medication labels.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English Language
* Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a patient/resident's condition.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package for full time employees, including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, PTO, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, in-facility education programs and so much more.
Salary commensurate with experience.
*Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-free Smoke-free work environment.