Certified Nurse Aide- One-to-One
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/23/2017
Cross Country Healthcare, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Shift: 7:00 PM-7:15 AM
Cross Country Healthcare is looking for top talent to join our team
We are a leader in the healthcare staffing industry with a primary focus on providing nurse, allied, physician (locum tenens) staffing services and workforce solutions to the healthcare market. We provide retained physician and healthcare executive search services. In addition, we are a leading provider of education and training programs specifically for the healthcare marketplace.
The Protective Observation Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values or Westchester Medical Center, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines. The basic function of the Protective Observation Coordinator is to provide 1:1 observation service and care of patients under the direction or the Registered Nurse and the Clinical Coordinator. They are responsible for participation as a member of the treatment team in creating and maintaining a therapeutic milieu, and in providing support to the patient. Protective Observation Coordinators also provide basic physical patient care, assist staff in unit functions, and act a as liaison between all members of the healthcare team.
* Proof of fulfillment of the health screening criteria indicating the Protective Observation Coordinator is in good health and able to work without physical limitation and is free from communicable diseases
* Maintains personal composure when unit priorities quickly change
* Ability to direct the activities of patient, to work under potentially stressful situations, to deal with individual and critical situations in an effective manner
* Ability to observe and describe facts and events accurately and to prepare reports relating to patient or facilities activities
* Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationship with patients, co-workers and all members of the healthcare team
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions as well as to communicate patient information verbally and in writing
* Ability to work independently
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and overall pleasant demeanor
* Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
* Computer literate
* Understand customer service as it relates to positon and delivery of care
* High school diploma or GED Certificate and one of the following:
* Proof of completion of a basic nursing assistant/personal care attendant training program consistent with state requirements or completion of a state approved exam which includes clinical requirements. In addition, must have attended an eight (8) hour documented in-service on Behavioral Health Issues.
* Current BCLS/CPR card with the expiration date valid as required by facility
* Must be at least 21 years of age and never convicted of any felony or misdemeanor.
* Requires knowledge of entry level psychiatric and medical terminology.
* Requires knowledge in caring and comforting the sick, disabled, Injured, or others requiring mental health or personal assistance.
* Successful completion of the Protective-Observation Coordinator orientation at Westchester Medical Center with a minimum passing score of 80% or higher.
* Orientation topics will include; but not limited to, Westchester Medical Center policy and procedure; safety and accuracy; Joint Commission and Protective Observation Coordinator role and responsibilities.
* Continuing Education In-services and Training to be completed upon hire and annually thereafter, or as required.
* In-services and Training topics will include, but not limited to HIPAA, OSHA, Cultural Diversity, Age-Specific Care, Crises Intervention and Customer Service.
Cross Country Healthcare offer a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical plan, Dental plan, Life insurance, 401(k) plan and Tuition Assistance
Cross Country HealthCare is an EEO employer - M/F/ Veteran/Disability
Valhalla, New York, United States