Certified Nursing Assistant CNA GeroPsych FT Nights 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00146-6780
Nights (rotating weekends)
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
* Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant REQUIRED.
* Previous hospital experience is required.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology REQUIRED .
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 09/18/2017