Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Nights (rotating weekends)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00144-11240
Nights (rotating weekends)
Largo Medical Center is looking for dedicated, compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants to add to their skilled team of patient-focused professionals. The right person will want to become an integral part of this dynamic teaching institution built upon the foundation of creating the culture of compassion and commitment one person at a time. We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now!
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
* Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant REQUIRED.
* Previous hospital experience is required.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology REQUIRED .
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 10/17/2017