Chef de Cuisine
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/28/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocations US-PA-Bedford
Posted Date 3 months ago(9/15/2017 4:48 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the overall food service, throughout the property, and providing the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
* Coordinate all banquet hot and cold foods. Banquet Chef must work along with Garde Manger to ensure quality meet specifications and standards and guarantees. Banquet Chef will ensure banquet foods are of the highest quality available.
* Attend all daily Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings to ensure guarantees and food products are correct. Must communicate all guarantees and food changes to Executive Chef and Garde Manger and Bake Shop.
* Assist in maintaining an adequate supply of all food items such as meat, groceries, perishables, etc. used at the property.
* Work pro-actively one or two days ahead of operation to ensure product delivery is on time and to ensure that there is coverage for days off and when needed.
* Responsible for all Banquet food operations to ensure quality and quantity. Banquet Chef must have a good working relationship with Banquet Managers and all staff and must be in direct communication at all time to ensure counts are accurate and proper. .
* Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner, which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality. Assist in lowering food cost and waste and responsible for the return of all foods.
* Communication with the Executive Steward on all banquet equipment needed to perform banquets, this will be done on a Wednesday and for one week ahead to insure necessary items are in house.
* Banquet Chef is responsible for cost control, payroll, menu planning along with Executive Chef
* Must work in coordination with Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef(s), Night Chef, Pastry Chef/Garde Manger.
* Perform other related duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
* Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to the Executive Chef.
* Responsible for care of equipment.
* Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
* Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Assist in other departments as needed
* Attend monthly departmental meetings
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
* Production of food for Associate Lounge
* All logs and organization of refrigerators in Banquet kitchen
* Meet and Exceed all health department and EcoSure guidelines for food and sanitation in Banquet kitchen
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT: Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances
ENVIRONMENT: Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures. Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals. Exposure to food items and beverages.
* Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship.
* Minimum three (3) years experience in a first class hotel/resort or restaurant.
* Ability to communicate effectively..