Chemical Operations Manager (Raleigh, NC) 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Chemical Operations Manager will direct and lead the Para Aminophenol (PAP) Plant. The Manager ensures procedures, plans, policies, and organizational accountabilities are understood and followed at all times. The Manager also continuously drives change to improve EHS, Quality, cost, service and schedule adherence, process uptime and productivity metrics. The Manager is responsible for implementing strategy and standards that drive best practices and continuously improve the operating unit level of compliance and risk mitigation.
As a leader and manager, the Manager will exhibit the behaviors that foster the development of integrity, excellence, teamwork and accountability. The position has 7 direct reports of supervisors and production engineers and is responsible for approximately 45 people working in a 24/7 continuous process environment.
* Operate the PAP Plant in compliance with Site EHS and OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), regulations, policies and procedures. Continuously strive for a mindset of zero workplace injuries.
* Develop and sustain an environment of continuous improvement, optimizing schedule adherence, refining operational efficiency, and increasing profitability and productivity. Lead efforts to improve all aspects of process performance including cycle times, yields, downtime, raw material efficiency, waste generation, energy efficiency and quality.
* Optimize process output through debottlenecking studies and conduct long term capacity planning in conjunction with the Site Director.
* Represent the PAP manufacturing operation on the Site Leadership Team.
* Implement and maintain Operational Excellence programs and processes and drive annual savings and operating efficiency improvements through Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TPM, SMED, 5S, and OEE methodology.
* Cost center responsibility for budget preparation and management. Review monthly variances and execute actions which control costs within budget. Develop capital plans to ensure business needs are met.
* Lead, coach and mentor employees toward team concepts that create an environment of empowered and high performance. Identify and implement career development plans for direct reports. Set clear vision by ensuring goals and objectives are aligned with site strategies through performance management.
* Ensure all employees within the PAP Plant are properly developed and trained in areas directly related to their job responsibilities as well as company policies, quality policies, and safety/environmental policies.
* Provide visual management boards and communicate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly to Plant personnel to drive safety, cGMP compliance and adherence to plan.
* Lead and/or support all investigations, manufacturing exceptions, product failures, RCA and customer complaints at the appropriate level with complete and comprehensive detail.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Bachelor s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (preferred) or a closely related field required. MBA preferred.
7+ years of manufacturing operations experience required preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment or related field. 5+ years of supervisory/leadership experience required.
Experience with Active Pharmaceutical Intermediates manufacturing.
Experience with Chemical operations involving hazardous materials and potentially violent reactions in both manual and automated processing environments.
Experience operating in compliance with FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA regulations.
Possess advanced oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong ability to educate, persuade and mobilize resources. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization; operations to senior leadership.
Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Self-directed and confident with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Solid conflict resolution skills.
An effective Change Agent.
Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity.
Ability to influence, develop and coach others. Team builder and team player, able to facilitate as well as to collaborate to deliver results, and able to work with people at all levels of the organization
Ability to identify complex technical problems, analyze effectively and solve in consultation with others including cross-functional teams.
Ability to exhibit initiative, leadership and passion for the development, execution and deployment of effective processes and expectations.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.