This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
Responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner. The Chief Engineer must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the clients needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime throughout the engineering team. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client s assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
The Chief Engineer will implement and manage the reliability-based maintenance function. The incumbent also executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance.
* Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment
* Reviews logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment
* Responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis
* Performs preventive tasks when required
* Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems
* Insures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building
* Prepares and submits purchase orders requests
* Develops sources for stock materials
* Performs periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building, either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings
* Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
* Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
* Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building s infrastructure.
* Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
* Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal,
* State or Local law.
* Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
* Ensure that the CFWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building s critical infrastructure.
* Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff
* Demonstrates the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
* 7+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
* Managerial experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
* Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
* Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
* Working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
* Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s (or within 90 days of employment)
* Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.