Chief Operating Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 6/26/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties
* Supervise Engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
* Manage operational accounts for building as required and assist in development of operating and capital budgets
* Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
* Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis
* Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers
* Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends
* Maintain on-going communication with tenants, owners, property management, and vendors
* May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
* Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings
* Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
* Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies
* Develop specifications and assist in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts
* Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations
* Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer responsibilities
* Vocational/Technical training certificate or college degree in related discipline
* Minimum of 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting
* Or any similar combination of education or experience
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
* Universal Technician for CFC s depending on market licensure requirements
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proven leadership ability
* Proficient PC skills; familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming and fire alarm systems
* May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on call duties
* The qualified candidate will be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented
* Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..