Childrens Surgical Program Coordinator 9/18/2017
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01541-15030
Days (rotating weekends)
Sunrise Children s Hospital - We re not just Nevada's largest, most comprehensive Children's Hospital. We are amazing together.
Sunrise Children's Hospital provides advanced pediatric and neonatal medicine to the residents of Southern Nevada and the surrounding region. Located near the Las Vegas strip, Sunrise Children s Hospital offers:
* 24/7 pediatric emergency services in our ER just for kids.
* Pediatric cardiology
* 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
* Sunrise Children's also features Nevada's largest, most comprehensive 72-Bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community.
Learn about HCA at www.hcahealthcare.com
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Sunrise Children s Hospital Quality Manager, shares responsibility for coordinating program development in conjunction with service line leaders to ensure objectives, outcomes, and goals are achieved.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator is responsible for program development, planning, organizing, implementation, assessment, patient flow, and performance improvement of the service line.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator provides ongoing patient tracking, concurrent and retrospective chart abstraction and data entry into the Children s Surgical Registry.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator completes diagnosis and procedural coding for all chart abstractions, to include ICD and CPT coding. Responsible for initial screening of charts against Performance Improvement audit filters.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator is responsible for preparing for PI and M&M meetings and ensures that all surgical registry data and PI activities comply with state and national guidelines to include the state rules and regulations, American College of Surgeons Optimal Resources for Children s Surgical Care, and TJC criteria.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator assists with the preparation of ongoing statistical reports as well as in the development of specialized reports as required or assigned.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator participates in research projects as appropriate.
The Children s Surgical Services Program Coordinator serves as a liaison between the Children s Surgical Service and collaborating departments. He/She performs other duties, including clerical functions, as required or assigned by Vice President of Quality Management Sunrise Children s Hospital Quality Manager
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Bachelor s degree (REQUIRED)
* MSN preferred
* Five years of nursing experience in surgical care or children s critical care with increasing responsibility and interest in surgical care; experience with database management.
* Computer and Internet skills and experience required, including familiarity and comfort with the Windows and MS Office environment and wide variety of software application, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint. Previous experience with a centralized patient information system.
* Prefer previous experience in database entry and performance improvement/quality management. Must successfully complete the ACS NSQIP SCR Training/Certification Program within 1 year of hire. (REQUIRED)
* Current RN Licensure in the State of Nevada.
* Excellent computer skills necessary to manage and manipulate a large database.
* Knowledge of the surgical patient care environment.
* Applicant must demonstrate:
* Basic knowledge and understanding of ICD and CPT coding
* Proficient typing skills with high level of accuracy
* Organizational ability
* Ability to interact with hospital staff, administration and general public that is reflective of the hospital culture, mission and vision
* Self-motivation and ability to work with a team
* Ability to perform tasks on a continuous basis with minimal direction and supervision
* Ability to maintain positive interpersonal skills and utilize effective communication through verbal and written formats
* Proficiency in the review and abstraction of clinical patient information from a medical record
* Basic statistical knowledge necessary to analyze and validate data
Last Edited: 09/19/2017