City Desk - Counter Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Viking Electric Supply is hiring a counter sales person to work at our City Desk in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The job of our City Desk associates is to serve customers by receiving, processing, and filling customer orders at the counter and from telephone orders; advise customers on prices and materials and assist in the warehouse. Gain product and sales knowledge while becoming more proficient with Viking''s other departments, systems, and procedures. Additional duties and responsibilities are:
* Locate proper stock number, prepare and enter work orders and special back orders. Call Credit Department as needed.
* Pick and pack from stock proper materials for will call and truck delivery. Load delivery trucks and customer vehicles.
* Accept returned merchandise and complete appropriate paperwork.
* Provide support to the Operations Manager in the transferring, warehousing, receiving and shipping of stock and special material.
* Call customers upon receipt of special material for pick up.
* Provide support to Operations Manager in inventory control functions, stock maintenance, credits and defectives.
* Open and prepare City Desk in the morning for customer arrivals. Secure the City Desk at the end of the day.
* Attend classes and meetings to gain product knowledge and to improve sales skills.
Viking Electric Supply is an Electrical Wholesale Distribution company operating in 21 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Check out Viking's LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
Viking is Part of Sonepar USA and the Sonepar Group, the worlds largest privately held electrical distributer. visit the Sonepar USA website to learn more.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
Strong communication skills, mechanical aptitude, good math and computer skills. Able to adapt quickly to changes. Able to handle pressure. Understand customer requests and identify appropriate materials and parts. Communicate courteously and effectively. Good reading and listening skills, manual dexterity. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team player.
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college or vocational school experience helpful, especially in business or electrical industry.
Minimum one year electrical warehousing, or electrical construction.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States