This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
Foth & Van Dyke
Cedar Rapids, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Civil Engineer or Construction Engineer who has a desire to contribute to our clients success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
Reducing overcrowding, ensuring safety and expanding and rebuilding aging infrastructure these are all challenges faced by nearly every transportation sector today. At Foth, our transportation engineering team helps clients meet these challenges, while minimizing impacts to the community and the environment. Foth s network of technical experts offers a broad range of services to address transportation design and construction. From roads and bridges to airports and non-motorized facilities, our solutions are effective, cost-conscious and practical.
* Perform civil engineering tasks under the direction of an engineer, including:
* Preparation of feasibility studies and technical design reports
* Coordination of roadway design project plans with associated utilities
* Design municipal, transportation, and airport projects using CAD principles
* Oversee and document civil municipal, transportation, and/or airport construction projects
* Understand and interpret design and construction specifications
* Demonstrate eagerness to learn new areas of engineering
All Foth members are expected to:
* Travel as required for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam within 12 months of employment
* Exposure to MicroStation/GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD/Civil3D
Previous experience with the following:
* Engineering internship responsibilities
* Transportation design
* Construction observation
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
Our culture is described as follows:
Values-Based: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
Client-Centered: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
Member-Owned: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
Influential: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
Inclusive: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
Continuously Learning: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
Innovative: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
Caring: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
Relationship-Building: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
Collaborative: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
Results-Focused: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
Flexible: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
Safety-Minded: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
Quality-Oriented: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
Transparent: We are open and honest with our communications.
Process-Driven: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
Strategic: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
Ethical: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.