Civil Engineer 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (Www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
PENTA an OBG Company is seeking an entry level Civil Engineer in our Charlotte, NC Office who will work under the direct supervision of senior level engineers. The candidate will perform technical work requiring minimal previous experience including the following:
* Prepares basic designs and performs calculations in support of projects of routine to average complexity, following standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System using design software and modeling tools.
* Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, geotechnical data and other information to plan projects of average complexity and create design deliverables for review by a senior engineer.
* Reviews work of others for conformance to O Brien & Gere and Owner requirements.
* Consistently utilizes sound judgement and discretion in performance of job functions.
* Gathers and records information to be used for writing technical specifications.
* Reviews vendor drawings to assure compliance with Contract Documents.
* Prepares and presents routine technical reports and correspondence
* Assist with site development permitting
* Visits job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology Required
* 0 to 5 years of experience Preferred
* Pass Fundamentals of Engineering exam - Preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals
* Background or Education in AutoCAD or MicroStation Required
* Background with AutoCAD Civil 3D Preferred
* Interest in structural analysis and concrete & steel design - Preferred
* Good interpersonal and communication skills - Required
* Works effectively in teams - Required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer