This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONVHB is seeking a Civil Engineer with 2-4 years of experience to join our Orlando, Florida office.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
- Assist in the preparation of land entitlement and permitting documents including:
- Drainage Analyses and reports
- Hydraulic Models for Utility sizing
- Storm sewer design
- Construction Plan drafting, details, and quality control
- Preparation of permit packages for reviewing agencies
- Communicate with site contractors during construction to respond to requests for information and drive project closeout when construction is substantially complete.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong civil engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Strong computer skills
- Excel in working in a team environment
- 2 to 4 years of civil engineering experience
- BS in Civil Engineering
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Experience with, WaterCAD, and GIS Systems a desired
- Permitting experience
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
**We regret to inform you that we do not currently provide sponsorship for this position.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf