Claims Clerk II 9/20/2017
Crawford & Company
Berkeley Heights, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of claim clerical support duties for the Claim Department
* Receives and matches mail to the appropriate claim file through the various Service Center or Claim Office data systems.
* Creates claim file by inputting initial loss report information into the various data systems; completes and distributes paper file to the appropriate claim area.
* Types a variety of material such as letters, reports, form letters, or memorandums from handwritten copy, typed copy or transcribing equipment by use of a typewriter, personal computer, word processor or an automated system.
* Proofreads work for accuracy; distributes all letters and memorandums for proper signatures before mailing.
* Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, and sorting and filing mail and correspondence, and data entry.
* Determines proper file and claim number on unidentified claim correspondence by use of the various Service Center or Claim Office data systems.
* Responds to insureds and agents to complete general loss report information and may respond to the more routine claim questions from insureds and agents.
* Contacts agents and insureds on routine claims to obtain coverage information or to clarify coverage information supplied on a loss report.
* Removes System form letters from printer and distributes to sender for signature before mailing.
* Operates equipment such as copiers; obtains and distributes copies as requested.
* Prepares outgoing mail which includes the sorting and stuffing of envelopes.
* May assist in operating the check signing machine and in posting and distributing of claim checks issued.
* Assists in maintaining office supplies and forms; completes requisitions and orders supplies as needed.
* Assists in updating claim manuals.
* May assist in typing and processing payments for approved billings and expenses.
* Keeps supervisor informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to supervisor for direction.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
* Education equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by courses in typing and personal computer skills or the equivalent in related work experience.
* Nine or more months experience as a Claim Clerk or the equivalent demonstrating a basic knowledge of computer entry and operations.
* Demonstrates good working knowledge of Claim processing and of Claim policies and procedures.
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.