Client Field Technical Services Jr. Desktop Support Associate - Decatur, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 5/9/2017
NTT Data Inc
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our companys growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA, Inc. currently seeks a Client Field Technical Services Associate to join our team in Decatur, IL.
The Services Team provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
The Field Technician is responsible for performing various managed client services for a strategic customer. These services include: IMAC, Software Break Fix, etc. This role combines strong technical skills with an emphasis on delivering a high level of customer service. Responsibilities include performing advanced configuration of desktop/notebook computer equipment. This is a remote/On Site Client based position. This role will travel to customer Campus/Remote sites.
- Provides technical support and training to personal computer and PC network users. Assists users in solving problems using available hardware and software tools
- Supports, installs, and maintains personal computers, local area networks, server hardware, operating systems, software, and related IT sanctioned peripherals
- Installs and supports both hardware and software components for user group
- Performs preventive maintenance, test and repair of equipment
- Evaluates system configuration and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources
- Addresses and resolves hardware, software and customer issues
- Engages users to determine their potential future business requirements
- Provides positive customer experience with each customer interaction
- 1-2 years of desktop support experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- A Certification
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment, Applies good knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical tasks on PC systems
- Local travel to client sites
- Applies good understanding of customer service techniques as required to address PC
- MCP, MCSE, CNE or Network certification
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA Services, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading business and IT services provider and global innovation partner, and part of the NTT DATA Services family of companies, with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA Services combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. NTT DATA Services is part of NTT Group, one of the worlds largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues, and partner to 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
NTT DATA Services, Inc. (the Company) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.