Client Manager, National Accounts 9/20/2017
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the retention and sale of new product lines to existing clients, in support of the goals and objectives of the business segment. This position is the lead relationship manager for all key stakeholders of the client and is accountable for the development/execution of the specific account management strategy plan. Exercises a strong understanding of the client s business needs and BCBSNC s value proposition, benefits administration, the health care industry, and client side challenges to strategic success. Utilizes all available resources to provide targeted, value-added services.
* Develop strategic account plan to identify sales and retention opportunities, wellness strategy, provide value-added services that address client needs, and develop successful, long-term relationships with all key client stakeholders. Serve as primary communication source for internal/external changes impacting health care.
* Direct accountability for profit and loss performance and revenue generation.
* Execution of fiduciary responsibilities including business contracts.
* Actively participates in implementation process.
* Analyze client financial and utilization data and industry trends/benchmarks to determine success of client s current benefit strategy.
* Conduct periodic meetings (at least quarterly) with client s decision-makers to communicate plan status and recommend solutions to meet client s business and health care goals.
* Develop strong working relationships with client associated consultants, presenting BCBSNC value, and keeping BCBSNC apprised of competitive activity and market needs.
* Maintain contact with business leaders through participation in community affairs. Project and maintain the corporate image within the community.
* Work with clients, consultants and Underwriting to develop renewals, financial projections, and additional client solutions.
* Negotiate renewals and cross sell opportunities with clients and consultants. Understand all funding arrangements.
* Work with Group Service Representatives to assess internal and external factors that will streamline service delivery and raise client satisfaction with service issues.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business Administration
* 5 years of experience in the healthcare/insurance industry. 2 of these years must include client relationship management experience.
* If no degree, 7 years experience in the healthcare/insurance industry. 2 of these years must include client relationship management experience.
* Must have and maintain, or be able to obtain within the first 60 days of employment and maintain, a North Carolina Life and Health Insurance license.
* Prior experience in large employer client management, working with consultants and internal resources.
* Prior experience in health insurance market and managed care.
* Prior practical experience negotiating sensitive customer satisfaction issues.
* Prior experience/activity in community affairs.
* Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Superior negotiation skills with practical experience negotiating sensitive customer satisfaction issues is required
* Ability to interface with personnel at all levels is essential.