Clinical Dietitian - Diabetes Prevention Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position, the Clinical Dietitian performs as a lifestyle coach in a community setting by facilitating groups, counseling and educating patients, assisting patients in the planning and coordination of their nutrition care and helping clients with behavior change for improved health outcomes, specifically reducing risks factors related to cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
OUTPATIENT PATIENT CARE
* Leads groups in implementing behavior changes with the outcome of improved nutrition intake, increased physical activity and moderate weight loss in accordance with the CDC Diabetes Prevention Curriculum.
* Evaluates participant and/or caregiver understanding of diet based on behavioral objectives and food diaries.
* Counsels and instructs participants 1:1 as needed (and/or families) providing written instruction materials (CDC Diabetes Prevention Curriculum).
* Has strong skills in motivational interviewing, behavior change
* Works within the data DPP collection systems of the State of Montana and CDC as required by state contract
* Evaluates, interprets and uses pertinent current research relating to nutrition and weight management in order to develop and revise education materials and teaching outlines.
* Acts as information resource for potential participants over the phone and in person to describe the St Vincent Healthcare Diabetes and Heart Disease Prevention Program and determine the prospective patients eligibility for participation in group classes. Responds to telephone requests/referrals, sending information as appropriate.
* Participates in programs and education for staff, patients and community.
* Collaborates with other health care professionals, health care agencies and community agencies to promote and market DPP to fulfill state contract
DOCUMENTATION AND BILLING
* Documents patient visits and bills patients for services according to established policy and procedures.
* Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
* BS degree with dietetic internship or equivalent.
* Registration with the ADA Commission on Dietitian Registration.
* Current nutrition license with the Montana State Board of Medical Examiners license as well as the ablility to be licensed in all states where services are provided.
* Current BLS or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings