Clinical Nurse Specialist OR Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic - Colorectal Surgery and IBD GI - WOCN 10/11/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to work in our Digestive Health Clinic. The ideal candidate will be supporting the Digestive Health Center's Colorectal Surgery and IBD GI teams with wound and ostomy related patient needs. Must be able to work in both inpatient and outpatient setting, split 50/50; mornings will be spent inpatient, and at least 3 afternoons in outpatient. BSN required; Master's degree in Nursing preferred. WOCN certification is required, and must have 2 years' of experience practicing with it. Shift: M-F, days. Location: downtown, in both Lavin and Feinberg.
Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care and staff development activities across the continuum of care. Consults with other disciplines in areas of expertise. Serves as a consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise. Develops educational processes to meet the age specific learning needs of patients, families and staff in areas of clinical expertise. Mentors staff/students in aspects of nursing practice and patient care.
Clinical Leadership: Provides direct patient care or consultation using in-depth clinical knowledge, skills and expertise across the continuum of care. Consults with other disciplines areas of expertise. Uses evidence-based practice to guide staff in evaluating quality of care and fostering changes in practice. Communicates regularly with staff and fosters a team environment.
Professional: Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making. Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation. Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, the community and nursing profession. Assumes a leadership role in professional activities and organizations. Advances the professional through presentations and publications. Seek new ideas from a wide range of sources.
Customer Focus: Identifies internal and external customers' expectations and requirements for assigned area of service. Actively seeks out concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers and respond to concerns by developing and implementing appropriate solutions.
Research: Actively participates in research pertinent to area of expertise. Actively provides support to staff in the initiation and development of evidence-based practice and research projects.
Quality Management: Identifies primary customer needs, develops and monitors indicators for quality of care and patient satisfaction for specific patient population. Perform and coordinated administrative and other clinical program duties as assigned or indicated. Develop and monitor indicators of quality care and patient satisfaction for a specific patient population. AA/EOE
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing is required.
* Must have current Illinois state RN license; Advanced Practice Nurse license preferred.
* Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation preferred.
* Credentialed by the Department of Nursing s Office of Professional Practice and Development required, if candidate has APN license.
* Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation recognition (healthcare provider level) required.
* Analytical ability required.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
* Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
* Ability to effectively handle challenging situations.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to use personal computers and select software applications.
* Ability to analyze data for decision making purposes.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook and database entry.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events.
* Demonstrates attention to detail and monitors own work for accuracy.
* Must be certified in wound, ostomy, and continence (WOCN), and have two (2) years' of experience practicing with it.
* Master's degree from an accredited school/college of nursing preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.